Spring 2021 Openings
Due Monday, January 18, 2021 @ 12pm
▪ Directors and Producers: for new shows (see additional Pilot Proposal) or any past Cable 8 Productions shows.
▪ Production Manager: In charge of managing equipment and acts as a technical liaison. Assists the VP of Television, including regulation of show quality.
▪ Master Control Coordinator: In charge of creating weekly programming schedules, scheduling and managing master control operators.
▪ General Promotions Manager: In charge of creating and executing promotional campaigns for the station while assisting with general Cable 8 Productions campaigns.
▪ Photographer: In charge of creating a visual history of Cable 8 Productions.
▪ Sports Coordinator: Filming, editing, and creating videos on a variety of sports throughout the semester. Responsible for managing staff, talent, and working with the WSU Athletics department on filming games.
▪ Web Publicity Manager: Responsible for filming, scripting, editing, and creating promotional videos for each show and for our philanthropy events.
▪ Community Promotions Director: In charge of creating community outreach and RSO (registered student organization) promo videos as assigned. Position is flexible as assignments vary per semester. Responsible for creating a certain amount of community and philanthropic videos. Someone with experience preferred, but not required.
▪ Cougar Story Coordinator: Responsible for the production of Cougar Stories. Tells the stories of WSU students and faculty through interviews and B-roll. Responsibilities of the position include interviewing WSU students/faculty, coordinating shoots, editing video, and ensuring episodes come out on schedule.
▪ Have your own idea for a special projects segment? Pitch it to us! We would love to hear from you. Use the "Special Projects Segment" button to apply.
What do I fill out?
Would you like to join the Cable 8 team?
→ Staff application
Are you pitching a pilot?
→ Staff application & pilot proposal
You MUST have a complete director/producer duo to pitch a show. Single applicant directors/producers will not be given an interview.
What does this mean?
Find someone to pitch the show with.
Ask around. Meet new people.
Experiment with different personality types.