Fall 2019 Openings
Due Sunday April 14 2019, @ 12:00 pm
▪ Directors and Producers: for new shows (see additional Pilot Proposal) or any past Cable 8 Productions shows.
▪ Production Manager: In charge of managing equipment and acts as a technical liaison. Assists the VP of Television, including regulation of show quality.
▪ Master Control Coordinator: In charge of creating weekly programming schedules, scheduling and managing master control operators.
▪ Special Events Coordinator: In charge of all special events, including but not limited to hospitality events, Cougar Vision Outreach Program events and spring banquet.
▪ General Promotions Manager: In charge of creating and executing promotional campaigns for the station while assisting with general Cable 8 Productions campaigns.
▪ Photographer: In charge of creating a visual history of Cable 8 Productions.
▪ Coug in the Field Coordinator: Filming, editing, and creating one-minute Coug in the Field videos on a variety of sports throughout the semester. Responsible for managing CITF staff, talent, and working with the WSU Athletics department on filming games.
▪ Web Publicity Manager: Responsible for filming, scripting, editing, and creating promotional videos for each show and for our philanthropy events.
▪ Community Promotions Director: In charge of creating community outreach and RSO (registered student organization) promo videos as assigned. Position is flexible as assignments vary per semester. Responsible for creating a certain amount of community and philanthropic videos. Someone with experience preferred, but not required.
▪ Cougar Story Coordinator: Responsible for the production of a brand new Cable 8 mini-series entitled “CougarStories”. CougarStories tells the stories of WSU students through interviews with the storyteller and reenactments acted out by Cable 8 on-air personalities. Responsibilities of the position include acquiring stories from WSU students, coordinating shoots with the VP of Television and on-air personalities, editing programs on AVID Media Composer, and ensuring episodes come out on schedule.
What do I fill out?
Would you like to join the Cable 8 team?
→ Staff application
Are you pitching a pilot?
→ Staff application & pilot proposal
You must have a complete director/producer duo to pitch a show. Single applicant directors/producers will not be given an interview; however, digital short pitches are limited to one person.
What does this mean?
Find someone to pitch the show with.
Ask around. Meet new people.
Experiment with different personality types.